9.03.2013

Remind 101

have you heard of Remind 101? ? ? 
a colleague introduced me to this amazing little app/website...
check it out HERE
LOVE THIS! I have been using this for the last two weeks...the kids love it, too!  Remind101 is a FREE, safe way for teachers to text message students and stay in touch with parents without ever sharing phone numbers.
once you sign up you will be issued a "fake" number...
the students/parents then input this number in their phone
as your contact "Mrs.Morgan Remind101"

then they text a specific code (which you have assigned to each class)
to this number...they will get a message back asking for their name...
then they are on your contact list and receive text message reminders
whenever you send one out (via the computer or your app)...

It's super easy and fun (for the students)...
one of my students said "Oh my gosh I totally forgot to do my homework,
then the text came through and I was like wow I better do my homework!"

huh, amazing....cool....love it! 

xoxo Melodee





2 comments:

KK said...

brilliant!

Unknown said...

awesome! i just downloaded it to use with my geography class! thanks, mel! <3