1.03.2012

Couch to 5K

I wish I could say I was super fit and
a dedicated runner...
nope, I am your typical yo-yo runner! I am trying 
to get back on track and wanted to share this plan with you...

Pinned Image

back in the day the hubs and I ran 5Ks for "the fun of it." ha.
Nowadays, I need a chart to keep myself on track and
a 5K registration to get in gear! Teenagers help, too. When
you are huffing and puffing to keep up with them your
motivation rises!

the kids are high atop some rocks after
our desert run last year...
just a month to train for the 2012 desert dash!! 


6 comments:

Betty Jo said...

Kids are such good motivators. You can do this! Your plan is wise and healthy. I have problems with the heat where we live, so my physical activity has to be done inside. This year it will be Yoga and exercise dvds. What a blessing that you can train and run in nature and fresh air. Looking forward to hearing of your progress.

Anonymous said...

I've seen these step up plans to help you learn to run, and I think they make a lot of sense! Good luck, you can do it!

Marilyn said...

WOW - these look intense.. They look like a great starter kit to getting where you want to be.. Kids are great motivator's.. This is awesome.. I know I WILL BE ROOTING for ya.. LETS GO MELODEE!!! : ))

Unknown said...

I have an app that keeps me on track. Good luck!!!

Mae said...

So glad you posted this! I've been looking for something just like it! Can't wait to start :)

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for sharing this!! I've been looking for a detailed chart of what to do and couldn't ever find a good one! This one will be great! :)