7.30.2012

pallet sign

I found this awesome tutorial 
for painting signs...
and had to try it on some pallet pieces~


simply print out the letters in a cute font...
the tutorial said to color in charcoal on the back 
and then trace over the top on your wood
then the image would transfer~however,
I used the rough side of the wood
and had to cut out the letters and trace them
actually onto the wood...

then you can use a Sharpie to trace and color in 
the words...


I became impatient with the Sharpie...
then used another marker,
followed by a few coats of paint
to get the color right

then I dappled on some white paint
to give it a little texture,
and sanded over the top a bit...


whallaaa, cuteness in the kids' bathroom! 


here's a peak at the pain-in-the-behind
shower curtain I stitched up (an Anthro knock-off)...

I'm still struggling with a paint color or wallpaper for 
the walls...what to do???
I picked up a darling stencil pattern, 
but I am not sure if I want to dive into 
that commitment on all surfaces or not....

this bathroom and our laundry room
are still awaiting a paint job. 
it's on my summer to-do list...
I'm leaning towards a sea green or gray in this 
bathroom (maybe with the stencil maybe not?)

linking up with...
Tip Junkie handmade projects
Photobucket

7 comments:

Unknown said...

love the sign! it turned out great.

Emily said...

This is SO CUTE! Love the sign and the adorable shower curtain!
Creamy

The Polka Dot Closet said...

OH, that is adorable!!! What a great sign, and I would love to have your pain in the butt shower curtain. I think the stencil sounds like a great idea, I wallpapered my bathroom and although I love it, it is expensive and bathrooms are the hardest to paper. If you decide to wallpaper let me know and I will be over to help you (After you fly me out)LOL!!

Carol

Megan said...

Love the sign! And I know that shower curtain had to be a HUGE pain, but it looks amazing. What about gray for the walls?

Megan
I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

Ashley @TheCreamToMyCoffee said...

I love the sign! What a great way to use pallet pieces you have lying around!

Unknown said...

LOVE it! Perfect bathroom wall art! Love that you used pallets too! :)

Unknown said...

P.S. Shared this on our FB page! ;)
http://www.facebook.com/TrulyLovelyBlog/posts/418018004910895